Are you someone who is interested in learning it all in preparation for your upcoming birth? Then consider taking our six week childbirth education course (all of our classes) at either our Racine location or our Milwaukee location. This is a very comprehensive series that includes the following classes:
- Stages of Labor: In this class learn about each of the stages of labor: 1st stage (early labor, active labor, transition): expected dilation at each stage, contraction patterns, what to expect physically and emotionally 2nd stage: what to expect during pushing 3rd stage: the birth of the placenta 4th stage: what to expect in the immediate postpartum period.
- Medications and Medical Interventions: This class explains medications and medical interventions. Even if you are planning an un-medicated and/or un-intervention birth it is important to learn about the interventions that might be presented to you during your birthing time. In this class, you learn about the interventions, what you can do to avoid them, and how to make informed decisions for the best interest of you and your baby.
- Labor Support Techniques (Natural Comfort): This class is included in the all day express class, or can be taken separately, but does NOT include stages of labor, medications, medical interventions, etc. This class teaches both the expectant parent and the partner(s) techniques for comfort, helping to progress labor, and so much more. This class is geared towards individuals who want a natural birth, or for people who want to go as long as they can before getting medication, and will go over topics such as: Aromatherapy for labor and birth Acupressure points Breathing techniques Massage techniques and the various types of massage oils that are available (we will discuss the properties of different oils and compare their uses) Labor support positions for comfort as well as progressing labor Using a birth and peanut ball Rebozos Pushing positions How to cope with long labors and so much more class is very interactive so please come ready to move around…
- Postpartum Care and Recovery: This class includes what to expect during your postpartum period, including learning about normal recovery and how to care for yourself. You will also learn about warning signs to look for, perinatal mood disorders, and more.
- Newborn Care and Safety: This class goes over what to expect immediately after the birth of your baby including newborn procedures, normal newborn appearance, warning signs, how to care for your baby, and safety.
- Breastfeeding and Feeding Your Baby: This class helps to prepare you for your breastfeeding journey., and what to expect in those early hours, days and weeks. While breastfeeding is the main topic of this course we do talk a little bit about bottle feeding as well (for those parents who need to return to work or be separated from their baby for one reason or another. Specific topics included are: Anatomy of the breasts and how they make milk Benefits of breastfeeding Breastfeeding techniques (latch and positioning) Pumping and storing milk What to do when things aren't going as planned Introducing solid foods
Class length: 2-3 hrs per session
FEE FOR FULL GROUP SERIES: $300
FEE FOR PRIVATE CHILDBIRTH EDUCATION SERIES - $500 (contact us to schedule)
*Fee includes mom and birth partner. If you plan on having more than one birth partner please let us know so when setting up we can make sure the room set up is conducive for the extra person.
**When coming to class please note we are on the side labeled 1586 (there is a dance studio right next door, and they use our lobby…..walk through the lobby, our classroom is in the back). If the door is locked please ring the bell when you arrive